LIC Concerts is returning beginning Sunday, Aug. 17 at 5 p.m. at Gantry Plaza State Park. The first free summer sunset concert is now in its third year.
Here’s more from the press release:1
With the city skyline as a backdrop to the stage, enjoy the musical talents of one of New York’s most artistically active neighborhoods, at the beautiful Gantry Plaza State Park waterfront in Long Island City, Queens. There isn’t a better way to end your summer, or to end your September weekends. Watch the sun set behind the city with your ears awash in the sounds of great music.
Jazz up your September Sundays with concerts in the park.
Now in our third season, LIC Concerts features 5 concerts showcasing 14 unique Long Island City based musicians sponsored by more than 20 local businesses.
- August 17, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Shelly Bhushan and Jeneen Teranna
- August 24, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Sol Liebeskind
- August 31, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Wishes and Thieves
- September 7, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Health and Wellness Day. Free Yoga in the Park with classical music by NYC Guitar Orchestra, The Art Song Preservation Society, and The NYLSO.
- September 14, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Kids and Family Day. With children’s entertainment by Andy Jobe and Neeley Bridges.