We are excited to announce the launch of Access Code 2.0, our tech education program that aims to create an inclusive tech community that is reflective of Queens and NYC.
Access Code equips talented adults from underserved and underrepresented backgrounds with the computer programming skills and entrepreneurial training to launch careers in the tech industry. We are building new pathways to tech for diverse and low-income communities, and in particular empowering the 65% of New Yorkers without college degrees.
The intensive 9-month part-time program in mobile app development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for entry-level developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies (such as Google and Facebook) that are looking to hire the next generation of talent. These positions are in high demand with high-paid salaries averaging $85,619 across the industry—the first Access Code 1.0 program helped increase participant income from $26,000 to $73,000.
With our mission to expand access to tech opportunities, all students will receive full scholarships to the program.
Our target cohort:
- Talented adults 18+ who want to learn to code and gain jobs in tech
- 50% women; 50% underrepresented minorities; 50% immigrants
- 50% without 4-year college degrees
- Average incoming participant salary around $24,000
- Participant annual salary no more than $45,000
- No background in coding required