The busiest block in New York City just got busier. By now, you’ve all heard of major construction projects within the last year at The Vista,1 The SculptureCenter,2 44-30 Purves Street,3 44-46 Purves Street,4 and 44-41 Purves Street.5
Now, add 44-12 Purves Street, a/k/a 27-19 44th Drive, to the list.
The former home of the LIC Auto Repair shop has inhabited that spot for decades, but closed its doors recently as it too will bow to the allure of residential builds. When we stopped by last week, we took a quick peak inside and noticed that all of the auto body equipment had been removed from the shop, and one of the two awnings had also been taken down. The owner also confirmed to us that he had closed up shop after more than ’40 years’ in the business and as you can see in the first photo below, is moving operations to Glendale, NY.
- The Vista Sells Out ↩
- SculptureCenter puts on finishing touches ahead of Oct. 5 reopening ↩
- Environmental survey team back at 44-30 Purves Street ↩
- Demolition permit approved earlier in the year at 44-46 Purves Street ↩
- Outside facade being installed at 44-41 Purves Street ↩
- 27-Story Tower Coming to 27-19 44th Drive, Long Island City ↩
- DOB Permit ↩