While the Secret Theatre’s physical location at 44-02 23rd Street has been shuttered due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, it is still continuing to offer private classes to its acting students.
“During the enforced social isolation there is no reason to be bored or to worry that your students progress will flat line,” the Secret Theatre said in a statement. “Besides the new online schedule we can offer private lessons with your favorite teachers.”
Prior to the theatre closing, it added Devon Meddock (currently cast in the off-Broadway hit Imbible) to its teaching faculty. She joins the other faculty in its online courses:
- Richard Mazda – Drama, Acting Coaching, Monologue work, Shakespeare
- Mary Lauren – Musical Theatre, Drama, Tap and Choreography
- Devon Meddock – Singing, piano, music theory
- Claire McLain – Drama, Acting Coaching
- Joy Donze – Drama, Acting Coaching, Shakespeare
“Whether working on an audition piece, dance piece, song, a role or your monologue The Secret Theatre Academy can offer one-to-one tuition at a reasonable rate per session for individual voice, acting or singing coaching,” the release said.
Lessons range from 30 minutes to a full hour. Anyone interested is encouraged to contact Claire via email.